Online Songs Workshops - Andy Crowley, Mike Bradley, Sam Bell
A day-long live workshop experience with extremely limited capacity!
If you want to join Andy, Mike and Sam you can reserve your place now below:
- Date: Saturday 22nd May 2021
- We hold one workshop in the morning and two in the afternoon.
- There are plenty of opportunities to ask questions
- These workshops are limited to NO MORE than 30 guests
- We use Zoom for our online workshops
- You will be sent a Zoom invite up to an hour prior to the start of the workshop
- Minimum Internet requirement - 2.5 Mbps (up & down)
- Speakers or headphones and a microphone - built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Your guitar!
If you cannot attend the workshop having purchased a place, you can request a refund of the full amount paid (minus fees) up to 7 days before the workshop is timetabled to take place.
Andy, Mike and Sam will be taking you through the tricky topic of Songs. Playing them, understanding them, learning them, creating them, soloing over the top of them!
We will look at musical keys using a whole bunch of song examples, taking as many of your suggestions as possible. How DO teachers learn songs so quick? Andy, Mike and Sam will demystify that, and also discuss how to learn a full song start to finish as easily as possible.
- Key of C Diatonic chords background (including Let It Be, Like a Rolling Stone)
- Common non-diatonic chord options (including Imagine, Don't Look Back In Anger)
- In all keys with barre chords, shapes on the neck that displays chords in all keys
- Show how to discover what key a song is in and discover easier options/ transpose to easier chords
- Demonstrate the scale options for solos & improv and ask questions as to what else could work
- 12 bar and 8 bar blues, especially on the topic of when to use major/ minor pentatonic.