Andy Guitar in Italy
£850.00 – £1,695.00
Who is this workshop for?
Andy’s workshops are ideal for recent beginners through to intermediate players who love to play songs and develop their own playing in a friendly and supportive environment. You can work on your technique and timing, learn the fretboard and take a creative approach to your playing. AND you can play songs together with other guitar players.
YES! We are off to Italy!
You can join Andy Guitar and Mike Bradley in stunning rural Italy! A very special guitar workshop with Andy Crowley and Mike Bradley, running from the 9th to the 13th October (*arriving on the 8th and departing on the 14th). Andy’s workshop will focus on learning, playing and performing classic songs of our time, plus a few of your favourites too!
We will be based at our spiritual home, the Villa Pia Hotel. Located in the tiny village of Lippiano, on the Tuscany/Umbria border in the green heart of Italy, Villa Pia offers the perfect environment to eat, sleep and drink guitar!
This is your opportunity to get away from it all, explore different techniques and skills, discover new songs, hone your own playing style and spend quality time with like-minded guitarists.
See below for more information about this event, how to travel to us and what to expect.
Depending on where you are travelling from, you can use any of the airlines below:
- Ryanair flies into Perugia, Bologna, Pisa and Rome – https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/
- Easyjet flies into Bologna, Pisa and Rome – http://www.easyjet.com/en/
- Vueling flies into Florence, Bologna and Pisa – http://www.vueling.com/en
- British Airways flies into Florence, Bologna, Pisa and Rome – http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en
Once in Italy, you have three choices:
- You can hire a car. You can do this through the usual routes.
- You can travel by train* to Arezzo (we can arrange a pick you up from here, as required). We recommend you book in advance with Trenitalia: https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html
- You can pre-arrange to be collected by private taxi from the airport (subject to availability and number of guests being collected). This is a very limited service running from Florence Airport only (depending on the number of guests). Please contact us for more details: email@example.com
* IMPORTANT – TRAIN TICKETS: If you do buy train tickets at a station you must remember to validate your tickets by stamping them using the yellow stamping machines. These are usually located around the train station and on the platform. If you do not stamp your tickets, you may receive a fine from the ticket inspector! (If you have booked in advance on the internet and printed off your tickets at home, you will not need to validate them at the station).
We have a guide on flying to us with your guitar here.
A very special guitar workshop with Andy Crowley and Mike Bradley, running from the 9th to the 13th October (*arriving on the 8th and departing on the 14th). Andy’s workshop will focus on learning, playing and performing classic songs of our time, plus a few of your favourites too!
- Bring either your acoustic or your electric guitar. You only need one….unless you really want to bring one of each!
- We will be building up to a low key gig on the Thursday night. There will also be evening jams and sing-alongs.
- Lippiano is an idyllic, quiet corner of rural Tuscany/Umbria, so please don’t expect a full band jam session!
- IMPORTANT!! Please see the ‘top three tunes’ suggestions. We recommend you are able to play through these songs (and any others from the ‘other’ list) by the time you arrive at the workshop. If you don’t know them, don’t worry! Just click on each song to see the tutorial by Andy Guitar.
TOP THREE TUNES:
- Hotel California – The Eagles (chords and rhythm parts)
- Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
- Heart Of Gold – Neil Young
OTHER SONGS FOR YOU TO CONSIDER
- Stand By me – Ben E King
- Stuck in the Middle With You – Steelers Wheel
- Sultans of Swing – Dire Straits
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley version
- Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) – Green Day
- Tennessee Whiskey- Chris Stapleton
- Learn To Fly – Foo Fighters
It’s important that you also bring some of your favourite songs, so we can play them as the workshop week progresses.