Guitar Breaks terms and conditions:
Please be aware that by paying either a deposit, a balance or a full payment for your workshop or retreat with Guitar Breaks, you are accepting our terms and conditions. Thank you.
- When submitting a workshop booking, a non-refundable minimum deposit is payable. Full payment for the workshop must be made at least 60 days before the start date of the workshop, or after you have received an email reminder to pay the full amount/balance.
- Cancellation must be confirmed in writing. If you cancel your booking prior to 60 days before the start of the workshop, then your deposit payment is forfeited. If your booking is cancelled less than 60 days before the start of the workshop 100% of the total price is forfeited, unless there is an active waiting list for the workshop. In this case we reserve the right to charge a percentage of the total price to cover our administrative processes.
- On initial booking and payment of the deposit, it is essential that you make us aware of any special circumstances, either dietary or medical or other, that relate to you.
- Please also make us aware of any disability you may have, so we can ensure firstly that the environment is suitable for you and also to make any special arrangements that may be required to ensure your time with us is comfortable and accessible. At Guitar Breaks we make every effort to ensure our workshops are accessible to all. However some venues are less accessible than others.
- You are required to take out personal travel insurance for the duration of your workshop. We will expect you to be able to supply proof of this. If possible please ensure that your travel insurance is arranged at the time of booking your workshop. This should include cancellation insurance for reasons including, but not exclusive to, redundancy, jury service or infectious disease. Guitar Breaks does not accept responsibility for any cancellation or effect on your workshop due to medical reasons, natural disasters, war, terrorism, industrial disputes, civil strife, adverse weather conditions or acts of God.
- Any guests who are under the age of 18 and wish to join us on a residential workshop, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Guitar Breaks generates photographs and video content throughout the duration of its workshops for use on the website and in other promotional outlets, including Facebook. If you do not wish for your image to be used, please let us know in writing prior to finalising the booking of your holiday.
- Included in the price of the workshop (unless expressly excluded from the offer) is: the price of the workshops, a room, breakfast, lunch and dinner while on the premises, as supplied by the venue. If you have any questions about your particular workshop, please contact us immediately.
- All workshop/session fees and trips are paid for in the cost of the workshop (unless expressly excluded from the offer). However when on day trips and evening outings, guests are required to pay for their own food and beverages.
- Airport/ferry/train pick ups and drop offs are NOT included in the cost of the workshop. Guitar Breaks can hold NO responsibility for Guests’ travel to and from a workshop. Transfers may be arranged at an extra cost and with the understanding that Guitar Breaks is only offering support and advice. Where pick ups and drop offs have been arranged, arrival and departure times will be based on arrivals for the group as a whole, or what is convenient for the taxi/driver.
- Guitar Breaks is not responsible for the travel to and from a workshop, nor is it responsible for any damage or loss to luggage, instruments or general belongings during travel to and from a workshop.
- When guests are making their own way to the venue, either by hire car or train, they should aim not arrive before 4.00pm, unless this has been agreed in advance. Guests must vacate their rooms by 10.00am on the date of departure (unless by prior agreement).
- Please note that the use of the venue’s facilities and grounds are entirely at the user’s risk. Important notice: By booking with us at Guitar Breaks, the company’s staff and agents are not liable for any loss, injury or claim of any kind arising out of staying at, or travelling to or from the venue. This includes all trips whilst at your workshop or retreat.
- It is the responsibility of all third parties, including guests and industry partners, to ensure the safety of their personal belongings, including (but not exclusive to) guitars, amplifiers and pedals. Guitar Breaks can take no responsibility for any damage or loss to equipment belonging to third parties during a Guitar Breaks event. While Guitar Breaks takes every reasonable care to ensure the safety of equipment, sometimes things just happen.
- Guitar Breaks reserves the right to change programme details and to cancel a workshop if there are not enough bookings to make it viable. Should this happen, a new date will be offered or, if the new date is not convenient, we will refund your balance payment.
- The workshop schedule hereby purchased through Guitar Breaks may be changed due to client safety or well-being. This includes (but is not exclusive to) acts of terrorism, war, accident, infectious illness, weather and act of God. This covers transportation (where relevant), activities and accommodation. If a Guitar Breaks event is cancelled as a result of a situation outside of our control, we will arrange a new date for the event. If this date is not convenient, Guitar Breaks commits to refund your balance payment.
- Guitar Breaks cannot be held responsible should a special guest need to cancel their attendance at a Guitar Breaks event after guest bookings have been made. We work extremely hard to ensure that our special guests are able to be with us for the duration of an event. However it is out of our hands if a situation such as a high profile professional engagement takes precedent, serious illness arises, family matters arise or travel arrangements become unrealistic, whereby a special guest has to cancel their attendance at an event, or cut their attendance short.
- Guitar Breaks reserves the right to change, revise or update the itinerary without prior notice. Rest assured that any changes will be made to ensure the smooth running of the holiday and will not impact negatively on the holiday experience.
Covid Updates (as of 01.05.2022)
- We have now returned to organising workshops. As we do this we are ensuring that at all times we are following the guidance as set out by the UK and international Governments.
- This may include: vaccination passports from your country, passenger locator forms (as required), negative PCR or Antigen test prior to arrival, flow tests prior and/or during a workshop, a commitment from each guest to wearing a mask in enclosed and public spaces as required, a commitment to following the guidance as laid down by our partner venues and hotels. PLEASE CHECK ALL UPDATES PRIOR TO TRAVELLING.
- IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION: By signing up to a Guitar Breaks event, you are accepting our ‘COVID Waiver Form’, so please download the document below and take the time to read carefully. If you have any questions at all you can contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deposit & balance payments: If the workshop that you have paid a deposit and/or balance payment for is subsequently moved to another date in the future, as a result of the impact of COVID, we reserve the right to retain your payment and you reserve the right to retain your place at the future workshop.
- If, once we have released the revised date for your postponed workshop, you are subsequently unable to attend for a specific reason, we will commit to returning your payment at that point, minus an administrative fee of 20% of the full amount of the workshop to cover our costs. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
- International Travel: If you are unable to attend a workshop that you have paid a deposit and/or balance payment as a result of government introducing travel restrictions, we reserve the right to retain your payment and you reserve the right to retain your place at a future workshop.
- If you are subsequently unable to attend a future workshop, we will commit to returning your payment at that point, minus an administrative fee of 20% of the full amount of the workshop to cover our costs. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
- PCR or Antigen testing immediately prior to travel: Please take all precautions to ensure that, should you be required to, you test negative prior to travel to your workshop. Guitar Breaks can take no responsibility should you test positive for COVID prior to travelling, subsequently invalidating your organised travel plans. Should this happen, Guitar Breaks reserves the right to retain 100% of your full payment to help cover the costs incurred by your late non-attendance at the workshop.
- Catching COVID immediately prior to a workshop: If you are unable to attend a workshop you have booked onto as a result of catching COVID immediately prior to the start of the workshop, then your place is forfeit and Guitar Breaks reserves the right to retain 100% of your full payment to help cover the costs incurred by your late non-attendance at the workshop.