Matt Schofield’s Blues Camp
£300.00 – £1,695.00
A workshop with award-winning blues guitarist, Matt Schofield.
Running from the 24th to the 28th April 2023 (*arriving on the 23rd and leaving on the 29th April), we will be in Lippiano, Italy, for our very special residential guitar workshop.
Plus we are running this workshop in partnership with our lovely friends at Curt Mangan Strings UK
Matt’s Blues Camp will focus on developing your technique, commanding the fretboard and taking a creative approach to your blues playing, looking at iconic blues players and tracks and lifting the lid on ‘playing the changes’.
Guitar Breaks is your opportunity to spend a week in beautiful surroundings learning, jamming and hanging with some of today’s greatest guitarists.
Our venue and accommodation for this camp is the award-winning traditional 15th century Italian manor house Villa Pia Family Hotel located on the stunning Tuscany / Umbria border.
Set in its own grounds and next to a medieval castle in the hilltop village of Lippiano, Villa Pia is the perfect ‘get away’ location.
See below for more information about this event, how to travel to us and what to expect.
Depending on where you are travelling from, you can use any of the airlines below:
- Ryanair flies into Perugia, Bologna, Pisa and Rome – https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/
- Easyjet flies into Bologna, Pisa and Rome – http://www.easyjet.com/en/
- Vueling flies into Florence, Bologna and Pisa – http://www.vueling.com/en
- British Airways flies into Florence, Bologna, Pisa and Rome – http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en
Once in Italy, you have three choices:
- You can hire a car. You can do this through the usual routes.
- You can travel by train* to Arezzo (we can arrange a pick you up from here, as required). We recommend you book in advance with Trenitalia: https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html
- You can pre-arrange to be collected by private taxi from the airport (subject to availability and number of guests being collected). This is a very limited service running from Florence Airport only (depending on the number of guests). Please contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
* IMPORTANT – TRAIN TICKETS: If you do buy train tickets at a station you must remember to validate your tickets by stamping them using the yellow stamping machines. These are usually located around the train station and on the platform. If you do not stamp your tickets, you may receive a fine from the ticket inspector! (If you have booked in advance on the internet and printed off your tickets at home, you will not need to validate them at the station).
We have a guide on flying to us with your guitar here.